question regarding gnupg in my regular signature

David T-G davidtg@bigfoot.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:00:49 -0500

--2Z2K0IlrPCVsbNpk

Bryan, et al --

=2E..and then Bryan K. Walton said...
% Hi,
% 	I would first like to thank Graham, Brian, and Andrew for their response=
s to my question regarding clearsigning my emails.  As you can see, this me=
ssage is clearsigned.

You may have intended for it to be clearsigned, but it was in fact simply
not signed at all.

% 	Now, I what I would like to do is configure Mut so that it will clearsig=
n automatically.  I know there is a way to autosign in PGP/MIME format.  Bu=
t I am having trouble getting it to autosign in clearsign format.  I am usi=
ng Mutt 1.2.5i.  I tried adding "set pgp_create_traditional=3Dyes" to my .m=
uttrc but that didn't work.  I am also sending this message to the mutt-use=
rs list.

Do you have any hooks which might reset that to "no"?  Have you, in fact,
managed to clearsign a message other than this attempt?

Just in case you haven't tried it, compose your message and then, from
mutt's compose window before you go to send it, enter

  :set ?pgp_create_traditional

and see what it says.  If it doesn't set yes, then set it to yes and
*then* send it to see what you get.

%=20
% Thanks!
% Bryan=20