Error message attempting to sign a key

Rod Pike rodneyp@utanet.at
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:36:44 -0200

First let me thank those who responded with how to subscribe.  I don't
know how I missed the mailing list info under documents on the gnupg
home page but I ended up on the gnu.org page and (IMHO) it's doesn't
seem to be explained there very clearly.  (Again I was probably looking
in the wrong place)

Anyway here's my question.  I'm trying to sign a key using gnupg1.0.4
and I' getting the following message in a loop.

gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 821 - probably dead) ...
gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 821 - probably dead) ...
and it goes on.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Cheers,
Rod