GnuPG 1.0.4-1 + IDEA for Windows

Rich rich@cnylug.org
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:17:57 -0500

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:11:31 -0600 (CST) or Thereabouts
The voices in my head told me that Keith Ray <aphex@nullify.org> said:

> I have been able to successfully cross-compile GnuPG 1.0.4-1 to include the
> IDEA cipher for Windows. Since this binary now includes both RSA and IDEA, it
> should be fully backwards compatible with PGP 2.6.x.
Is there any way of writing some code that could actually be permanently added to the GnuPG source tree that would make adding modules to the official GnuPG (Win32) easier? It would seem to make sense to write the code, and keep it in the tree permanently, instead of constantly having to download the latest version, and then hack in the IDEA code, compile, and release a separate version. Plus I think most users would feel more secure and might feel better if it was coming from the "official" GnupG home, instead if grabbing the fragmenting versions of GnuPG (which there now seem to be 2). I was going to post this very message on the usenet to you and the gentleman who did the cygwin version. :-) It is times like this when I wish I was a real programmer. :-) Rich... ________________________________________ The Central New York Linux User Group Now with one of them web page thingies! www.cnylug.org <-> rich@XXXcnylug.org -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org