GPG key not fully accepted by public key servers

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:10:59 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 lewis@sistina.com wrote:

> I have a public key that has two subkeys. One is an encryption subkey with
> expiration date, and the other is a signing subkey with expiration date.
[snip]
> When I submit this public key to a keyserver such as
> http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/ I get this error:
[snip]
> The last error was on key 0xee72a386:
> Key block corrupt: more than one signature on subk
I have also seen this. The culprit seems to be the pks-type keyserver. Currently no solution, AFAIK. You might want to use the NAI keyservers until this is resolved.
> The interesting thing is that part of the key is accepted so people can still
> download it, but I use the second subkey for most of my signing, and that is
> truncated from the key. Does anyone know why this would be? I can send my
My current assessment is that the pks is stripping off "subkey binding signatures", leaving the key in a crippled state. I believe it only happens when adding a new key, adding a subkey to an existing key appears to fail entirely. If people can download your key they must furthermore be using pgp, because gpg does not import such a key. I have also tried to use a broken key for encryption in pgp, but it did not work. Has somebody successfully encrypted mail to you using your freshly downloaded key? Regards, Stefan -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org