GPG revocations & PGP

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
27 Dec 2000 13:03:22 +0100

"Kai Raven" <kai.raven@gmx.de> writes:

> I have created a revocation for a test key with "gpg -o file
> - --gen-revoke key-id" but it is not possible to import this revocation
> with PGP 6.5.8.
> PGP warns me, that "The keyring file is corrupt".
With --gen-revoke, you have created a bare revocation self-signature. I think PGP requires that the revocation signature is part of an OpenPGP public key (see section 11.1 in RFC 2440). I am not sure if this is a bug in PGP, GnuPG, or the OpenPGP specification. -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org