Sphinx

Tim McCarthy timm@as400ftp.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:57:38 -0500

> They will have to use a kind standard too. I doubt than anyone is
> using EDI which was proposed for document exchange a long time ago.
> Everbody is exchanging documents by mailing WORD files.
[Tim McCarthy] Not true at all. EDI is used by over 95% of large corporations in the US and a significant portion of small to medium size companies (most large European companies have EDI initiatives too). XML is making a little headway but EDI is still by far the most prevalent form of document exchange both in terms of number of transactions exchanged and sheer byte size.