Key revoking

Thomas Bader gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:57:02 +0100

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Nate Eldredge wrote:

Hi!

> 1. The manual tells how to generate a revocation certificate
> (--gen-revoke). What is it that gets spit out? It says "PGP PUBLIC
> KEY BLOCK", and the comment says "A revocation certificate should
> follow", which would seem to imply that perhaps this isn't the
> certificate itself.
This _is_ the revocation certificate.
> 1a. Once I have a revocation certificate, how do I use it? Suppose
You only have to send it to the keyserver nearest to you.
Are you trying to send an ascii armored certificate or a binary certificate? Try the option --armor Cheers, Thomas -- Thomas Bader <thomasb@trash.net>, Powered by LINUX 2.2 Infos und Tipps zu Linux, HOWTOs des DLHP <http://www.trash.net/~thomasb/> ==> Einen Unixshellaccount (alles inkl.) gibts unter http://www.trash.net