Sign a lot of files

Thomas Bader gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:54:59 +0100

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:

Hi!

> for f in `find . -type f -print` ; do
> gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --yes -ba "$f" < /tmp/pp
> done
Yes, of course! I didn't look at the builtins of my shell :) Another question: Is it possible to say gpg it has to create a signature with ".sig" as extension, not ".asc"? I know, I could do it with a script, but this isn't such elegant as to say gpg to do it. I know, ".sig" is for signatures in binary form, but I need ascii armored signatures to share them via FTP and I think ".sig" sounds much better as ".asc".
> You might want to do something smarter if you have quotes embeded in your
> filenames.
No, I don't have quotes in my filenames.
find -exec on my Linux box does weird things too. It signs no file at all. Cheers, Thomas -- Thomas Bader <thomasb@trash.net>, Powered by LINUX 2.2 Infos und Tipps zu Linux, HOWTOs des DLHP <http://www.t-bader.ch/> => Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.