GNUpg v1.01/FreeBSD-20000214-CURRENT

Marius Strom marius@alpha1.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 01:29:35 -0600 (CST)

Don't know if this is an isolated problem, and I'm relatively new to GPG
(been using PGP2.6.2 and PGP5 for some time now).. I scanned the mailing
list, read the bug list, to no avail.

gpg --gen-key runs somewhat fine on the aforementioned FreeBSD system, but
when it goes to generate the random bytes, it says "Not enough random
bytes available.  Please do some other work to give
the OS a chance to collect more entropy! (Need 20 more bytes)"

I've updated the locatedb, done make clean in /usr/ports, compiled XFree,
etc during this process, but it says this none-the-less every time.

Am I doing something wrong, and if not, what can I do to help track down
the issue at hand?

--
Marius Strom <marius@alpha1.net>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...
...In practice, there is a big difference.