Comparison of GnuPG & NAI/PGP features.

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 11:18:01 +0100

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, L. Sassaman wrote:

> Not that I use it, but what exactly is wrong with it? Has there been a
> successful cryptanalysis, or are you just wary of anything NSA?
Either Biham or Shamir found a design weekness within a day after the NSA released the code. It is only 80 bits whereas the other algorithms all use 128 bit keys. It is not very fast. And there is no defined algorithm identifier for it in OpenPGP. You noticed the message about experimental algorithms GnuPG prints for it? -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013 Boycott Amazon! - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html