comparison gpg:pgp6.5.1

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:49:50 +0100

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:

> it's very nice that gpg can handle this. it would be even nicer if
> other rfc 2440 implementations handled it as well (it really shouldn't
I guess you mean PGP 6 with the other rfc2440 implementation. This feature is marked optional and so there is no need for an implementation to support it. PGP 6 is not rfc2440 compliant: For example the do generate v3 sig atures and have invented a new packet type (Photo ID) which is not defined in OpenPGP nor is it in the range for private extension.
> write it if you can use a library for handling rfc 2440, and that is
> not something that is available yet (iirc, i would love to be wrong
Sorr, you are still right. However I see a demand for such a library.
No and since Friday it seems to be quite easy to get an export license: You only have to send the URL to the BXA. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013 Boycott Amazon! - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html