pass phrase

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:08:44 -0600 (CST)

Werner Koch, at 18:51 on Thu, 20 Jan 2000, wrote:

> > Please don't tell me you are using shell. Use Perl or some other
> > system-level scripting language. There are modules on CPAN for
>
> What's wrong with a shell script and some AWKing - I like it
The problem is that Perl has features in it designed for security (e.g., Taint mode). You can be much more careful about processing information when in Perl then you can with awk and friends. -- Frank Tobin http://www.neverending.org/~ftobin/ "To learn what is good and what is to be valued, those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus OpenPGP: 4F86 3BBB A816 6F0A 340F 6003 56FF D10A 260C 4FA3