Bug when signing text?

Stephane Corthesy stephane@sente.ch
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:15:20 +0200

Hi,

I'm using GPG on MacOS X Server; I downloaded from
http://www.macsecurity.org/ a patch to make it compile on MOXS.

I encounter a strange behaviour with gpg, when signing some ASCII text:

Here the file to sign (the dashes are part of the file content):

--
signed
--

I issue the command:

gpg --armor --clearsign < /tmp/unsigned > /tmp/signed

and the returned file has modified the lines beginning with double
dash (--). Now they begin with "- --". Is it normal?

hnw> gpg --armor --clearsign < /tmp/unsigned > /tmp/signed
gpg: can't mmap pool of 16384 bytes: Invalid argument - using malloc
gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory on this system

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Stephane Corthesy (Sen:te) <stephane@sente.ch>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 8B7C99C0, created 2000-06-29

hnw> cat /tmp/signed

Please CC your replies to stephane@sente.ch.

Thank you,

Stephane