GPL'd Diffie-Hellman libs

mgraffam@idsi.net mgraffam@idsi.net
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 16:43:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I am interested in using some of the code from GnuPG to code a general
GPL'd public-key library, however I am in the USA.

Export regulations are in a state of flux right now, and I would like
to help FSF by writing the code, as well as help show crypto is better
when its freely available and distributable.

If anyone (outside the US) would be willing to collaborate with me on this
project I would appreciate it.

I intend to write the library so that the crypto code is isolated from
the main library code, then I can just send you the generic code and
you can take a few source files from the GnuPG distribution and place
them in the Diffie-Hellman tree; the resulting tree can be tar'd up and
placed in a GNU software archive.

Technically, this solution violates ITAR (code containing hooks for crypto
is regulated too) but with the recent relaxations and a slight change of
atmosphere, I figure that now is a good time to get the job done.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam@idsi.net)