GnuPG-Informationen

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:10:07 +0200

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Mirko Kilian wrote:
> > ist es möglich, diese Encrypt-Software per Lizenz mit anderer Software
> > zu vertreiben, wenn ja, unter welchen Voraussetzungen und verbunden mit

> read the file COPYING in the top-level directoy of the source code
> distribution. It contains the text of the GPL and I assume that no-one
> will ever grant you another licence of this piece of fine sw.*
That is not true. Although I don't like it, there is no legal problem to distribute GPLed software along with other software as long as you adhere to the conditions. The main points are: You have to distibute the source along with a binary version, any changes are also subject to the GPL and you can't link GPLed software to proprietary software (and even some under some free licenses). If a GPLed software runs as it's own process, then in general there is no problem. Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de