Revoking key

André Dahlqvist andre@beta.telenordia.se
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:54:24 +0200

Hi

I have generated a new keypir with GnuPG 1.0.2, and I would would like
to revoke the key that I have been using up until now, mainly because I
chose a too big key size when I created that one (2048). Another reason
is that I have gotten the impression from the GnuPG changelog that
decryption is faster with keys generated with v1.0.2, is this correct?
The key I want to revoke has been spread to keyservers.

After reading the GnuPG manual it seams I have two options, either use
--revoke-key or edit the key and run revkey on it. If I choose the
latter, is it enough to first run "key 1" followed by "revkey"? Can I
then just send it to a keyserver, and rest assured that my old key will
not be used any more?
--

// André