RFE, handling invalid/revoked uids

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:51:08 +0200

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> Gnupg should handle revocated sigs. One of the uids in my key belongs to a
> host that has died.
The latest CVS displays a [revoked] or [invalid] before the user ID. The current stable version should not take revoked user IDs into account when checking the trust or encrypting to it. I am not sure about the last point. The whole trust stuff is a big mess and I will address this in the development version, spending more time on the current code base is not worth the time. Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de