Changing one's Email on key pair

Peter Palfrader ppalfrad@cosy.sbg.ac.at
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:33:49 +0200

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, simon wood wrote:

> Thanks for the Tip,
> This is obviously something that ought ot be mentioned in the documentation as
> I'm sure I'm not the only person who comes unstuck.....
>
> I've done 'revsig' on the appropriate UID and sent it off, now to see whether
> it works, Cheers,
It will work in that way that the uid is still on the server, but that your revoked sig is also on it. This means that openPGP complient clients like GnuPG will not import this uid but whine about non self-signed uids. This also has the advantage that people who already have your key are notified that this very uid is no longer valid. HTH yours, peter -- PGP encrypted messages preferred. http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad/ [please CC me on lists]