Fwd: Re: installation errors

Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. kknerrsr@ptdprolog.net
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:45:41 -0400 (EDT)

Silly me--didn't hit the "reply to all" . . .

------ Forwarded message ------
    From: "Kevin D. Knerr, Sr." <barthel@calainar.pennswald.pri>
 Subject: Re: installation errors
    Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:52:01 -0400 (EDT)
      To: ftobin@uiuc.edu

On 30 May, Frank Tobin wrote:

> Royal Harvey, at 12:58 -0700 on Tue, 30 May 2000, wrote:
8<snip>8
>> Frank Tobin suggested that I try RPM. What is RPM?
>
> RedHat Package Manager. Sorta of a pre-compiled distribution installation
> system. I can't remember offhand who is distributing the RPM for GnuPG
> (it's not official from Werner, IIRC). Can't provide you with details on
> how to handle it on a Slackware system either.
Use rpm2targz to convert the Red Hat package to a Slackware package. Then use installpkg or upgradepkg as appropriate. 8<end forwarded message>8 Note: you may need to verify the directory assumptions made by RedHat, as Slackware is a bit more BSDish (a lot more since the merger <g>). Barthel -- ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063 Organization: The Pennswald Group -- Linux powered!! gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5 86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E Biblical Western: "The Israelites journeyed by stages..."