using GNUpg as part of a web application

clemensF ino-waiting@gmx.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:47:02 +0200

> Alex Black:

> It appears that GNUpg _will_not_ accept a passed key or even external file
> reference for a key. This will likely prevent me from using it, which is why
> I am sending mail to this list to verify that fact... is it indeed true?
>
> If so, why?
i acknowledge your need of keys passed as parameters to the functions you are to make, but the basic model of use for gpg/pgp is simply different. think about constructing a "web of trust". this task needs not only key- management but also a database of keys who vouch for one another and therefore ahve to be persistent. nevertheless functions like the one you are talking about do make sense. did you look into openssl? clemens