Unsupported public key algorithm

Stefan Suurmeijer stefan@symbolica.nl
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:45:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've just installed GNUPG 1.0.1, and everything seems to be working fine,
except for one small detail. For some users, I get an error when trying to
import their public key: Unsupported public key algorithm, no valid user
IDs, this may be caused by a missing self signature.
I'm using gnupg with pgp4pine. When I import the same key on another
machine running winblows with pgp 6.5.3 it is imported without any
trouble. To think that something that doesn't work on a linux machine
would work on a winblows machine of course goes against every law of
nature, so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could show me the
error of my ways. ;-)

Thanks in advance

Stefan Suurmeijer