gpg with current pgp keys

Gamma Pi gammapi@newsguy.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:33:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi all, I just subscribed to the list. I have been using PGP 6.5.2 (on
Windows, 6.5.1 on Linux) so
far and wish to switch to GPG 1.0.1. The problem is that after
importing my public and secret keyrings to gpg, even if the gpg
--list-keys and gpg --list-secret-keys work and the passphrases are
correct, I get:

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "me <my@mailbox.com>"
2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 2EAB9451, created 2000-01-03 (main key ID 61ECC81F)

gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 2EAB9451, created 2000-01-03
      "me <my@mailbox.com>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: encrypted with 4096-bit ELG-E key, ID 1BA77AA6, created 2000-01-07
      "she <her@mailbox.com>"
gpg: no secret key for decryption available
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

The OS is CorelLinux (based on Debian). Maybe I am just wasting my
time because GPG is not supposed to work in the conditions
above. Please somebody help. My next problem will be how to make GPG
work under Xemacs/mailcrypt. Thanks!