gpg with current pgp keys

Jerome Morrow J.Morrow@gmx.net
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 01:44:22 +0100

Hi,
looks like the passwd thing is ok.
Maybe the person who encrypted the message used IDEA as symetric key
algorithm? IDEA is not a free encryption algorithm and that's why it's not
supported in gnupg by default.
You have 2 options:
- Tell the person who wrote the message to use CAST or 3DES as symetric
cipher. (Can be switch in PGP preferences)
- Use the gnupg IDEA extensions ( not allowed for commercial use afain )

BTW, is there already a FAQ or HOWTO on implementing this? Would be nice.

CU,
      Jerome

At 13:02 01.03.00 -0600, Marius Strom wrote:

>IIRC there's something on the gpg webpages about doing this -- seems the
>secret key algorithm is stored differently. The workaround is to change
>your secret key password to NULL using pgp, export it, import it into
>gpg, and then change your password there.
>
>--
>Marius Strom <marius@alpha1.net>
>Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator
Hmmm? read you geek