PGP 5.x and GnuPG

Trevor Smith Trevor Smith" <trevor@haligonian.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:39:58 -0400 (AST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:01:04 +0100, Horacio MG wrote:

>Did you read www.gnupg.org/gph/en/pgp2x/t1.html? You might find that
I looked at it briefly. It refers to PGP 2.x and I was asking about PGP 5.x (which is why I repeatedly specified that version number). I am not concerned with compatibility with "old" versions of PGP. I am asking if GnuPG is able to properly exchange signed and/or encrypted messages with PGP 5.x. Can it?
>useful. Also, there is an old document which you might still find
>useful: www.technocage.com/~caskey/gpg/pgp2gnupg.html
I also saw this document but it starts with this disclaimer: Note: THIS INFORMATION ONLY APPLIES TO PRE-1.0 VERSIONS OF GNUPG I understood that GnuPG 1.0 and even newer versions have been released so I assumed that the information in that document was now irrelevant. In fact, it is based on the use of "gpg (GNUPG) 0.4.0; Copyright (C) 1998..." That makes the document at least 1.25 years old. Now I'm really starting to wonder if I am missing something obvious since you replied to my message but ignored my main questions. To repeat: Can GnuPG properly exchange signed and/or encrypted messages with PGP 5.x? -- Trevor Smith | trevor@haligonian.com PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA 671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6 PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA 671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6