PGP 5.x and GnuPG

Trevor Smith Trevor Smith" <trevor@haligonian.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:29:14 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:25:29 -0800 (PST), William X. Walsh wrote:

>Well, I don't know about this. I've had a large problem with PGP 6.x not being
>able to decrypt messages encrypted by GnuPG, regardless if they key it is
>encrypting to was created in GnuPG or PGP.
So you're saying that GnuPG and PGP are *not* compatible and people using one may not be able to successfully exchange encrypted documents with users of the other? Or is your problem rare or intermittent, with the majority of GnuPG-encrypted messages being handled properly by PGP 6.x? -- Trevor Smith | trevor@haligonian.com PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA 671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6