gpg --recv-key option

Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. kknerrsr@ptdprolog.net
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:13:59 -0500 (EST)

On 25 Mar, L. Sassaman wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. wrote:
>
>> Seems to me that Frank has put his virtual finger on the crux of the
>> issue: How *do* you know which to choose? Even if GnuPG presented the
>> possible matches to the user, the only thing that's gained is not
>> hopping to the web browser.
>
> There's this little thing called the key fingerprint...
But doesn't that become useful *after* you've retrieved the key from the server? I thought the original question was about identifying which keys to retrieve, not confirming the validity of the key after you've retrieved it. Barthel -- ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063 Organization: The Pennswald Group -- Linux powered!! gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5 86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E A good pun is its own reword.