Importing keys

Nils Ellmenreich Nils@infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:56:02 +0200 (MET DST)

>>>"AGCT" == A Guy Called Tyketto <tyketto@wizard.com> writes:
AGCT> Actually, you're doing everything right, except that the key that AGCT> you're importing, was not signed by the person who owns it (self-signature, I AGCT> believe). This is most common with PGP 2.6.x keys (I had to import my 2.6.3a AGCT> and 2.6.3ia keys into GnuPG, and had the same problem. Try the import again, AGCT> and pass the --allow-non-selfsigned-uid option to gpg, and you should be okay. We should really be starting a FAQ. I had the same problem and thought this to be an unsolvable compatibility issue. Thanks. Nils -- Nils Ellmenreich - Fak. für Math./Informatik - Please use gpg - Nils @ http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~nils - Universität Passau - Uni-Passau.DE