How to build a keyserver?

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:08:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Ben Heavner wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I'm currently building a university network here in Africa, and since most
> of the staff aren't in the habit of using email, it seems like a good time
> to introduce them to crypto and signing stuff.
>
> Since our connections to the outside world are unreliable, and since
> there isn't one here in Zimbabwe yet, I'd like to build a keyserver.
>
> Can any of you give me a pointer to a reference to what it takes to make a
> keyserver?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Ben Heavner

I thoroughly recommend pks over oks, because the latter gave me headaches when using both pgp and gpg (duplicated signatures) Furthermore pks is the only free keyserver software and Highware won't even give you the sources to hack around. (baaahh ;) http://www.mit.edu/people/marc/pks/pks.html good luck! Stefan