Windoze PGP Compatability

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 1 May 2000 11:38:35 +0200

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, L. Sassaman wrote:

> Isn't Twofish Symmetric Key Algorithm ID 10? I'm not seeing a direct
> correlation between the MDC packet and adding Twofish.
Yes, it is 10 but it is just something the WG has agreed on and not in the RFC. The thing with the MDC (manipulation detection code) and Twofish is that it would allow us to say: if you are using a block cipher with a blocklength greater than 64, you MUST use the MDC packet - Twofish is the first algorithm which uses a different blocksize.
Right, after a long time (about one year) we have now agreed on the way to do it. Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0 Birkenstr. 12 email wk@openit.de D-40233 Duesseldorf http://www.openit.de