help with directing output to remote file

Roger Burton West roger@firedrake.org
Fri, 5 May 2000 23:20:18 +0100

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 09:52:52PM +0000, Jim Breton wrote:

>You can see where the two prompts, one from gpg and one from ssh,
>overlap. Is this due to gpg sending its prompt to stdout rather than
>stderr, or is something else going on here?
>
>Any hints on how I can make this work effectively? I just need to be
>able to answer the gpg prompt before ssh asks me for my password.
Thoughts: (1) Make either gpg or ssh usable without password (perhaps by using ssh-agent) (2) Why use ssh when you're sending encrypted data anyway? (I can think of some possible reasons, but...) Roger -- Roger Burton West -/- roger@firedrake.org http://www.firedrake.org/roger/ "So long Mom, I'm off to drop the Bomb, So don't wait up for me..."