Compability

Acid-Duck erikg@nbnet.nb.ca
Sun, 14 May 2000 12:58:33 -0300

Can I import somenoe else's key if he uses PGP X.X?

Also, earlier I tried to import a key, the one that RedHat uses to sign their RPMs and everything they distribute and here's the message I got:

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: key CBA29BF9: unsupported public key algorithm
gpg: key CBA29BF9: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:		w/o user IDs: 1
[ducky@quack ducky]$

Now, RH site DO say they use GNUPG, how could it be using an unsupported key algorithm? Is there a way to add other algorithms to GNUPG that I'm not aware of?  Why does it keep saying using insecure memory! ?

Erik