gpg: error reading `foobar': general error

Tuomo Mikael Pyhälä tpyhala@niksula.hut.fi
Wed, 17 May 2000 17:40:04 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi,

I'm testing gpg. We have currently pgp 5.x and abt. 2000 keys in public
ring. I tried to import them in fresh gpg-keyring. Most of them were
imported just fine, but ones having no self-signature didn't. I managed
partly avoid this problem by enabling allow-non-selfsigned-uid -option in
~/.gnupg/options. When i have this option enabled gpg stops with following
error, when processing the keys, which are extracted with command: pgpk
-xa "" > foobar.

gpg: key key-id-1: not changed
gpg: key key-id-2: accepted non self-signed user ID 'name <email@somewhere>'
gpg: key key-id-2: accepted non self-signed user ID 'another name <email@somewhere.else>'
gpg: key key-id-2: our copy has no self-signature
gpg: error reading `foobar': general error
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: import from `foobar' failed: general error
gpg: Total number processed: 66
gpg:              unchanged: 66

(User and Key-id's anonymized)

What possibly has caused this, and how i might solve it?