Using gpg-created DSS keys with PGP 6.5.3

Seth Delackner delackner@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 10:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

Having read the documentation from the gnupg website I can safely say that I
was unable to solve the following problem.

I appear to have done a foolish thing.  I tried to use my gnupg (linux)
generated keys with PGP 6.5.3 for windows (the free version), which I had to
assume is key-compatible.  I pointed the program to my pubring.gpg and
secring.gpg files for its public and private keyrings, and it accepted them
and properly displayed the set of keys.

Unfortunately, it also tells me that my passphrase is incorrect!  I went back
to linux and verified the file I had signed and then successfully encrypted
and decrypted a file.  Windows continues to be obtuse.  Help?

For reference, my keypair uses DSS and was generated using gnupg under linux,
which I compiled after eyeball-checking that it was properly signed.  I then
signed a file with the key and had gnupg successfully tell me (after entering
my passphrase) that it was a valid signature.  I then submitted my key to the
mit keyserver and then successfully looked it up on the server.

=====

---
ProcessTree Network - For-pay Internet distributed processing.