gnupg

Tom Hall tlhall@royal.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 09:10:56 -0600

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 04:44:13PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

> However, I will not support Cygwin because it is possible to create a
> native W32 version.
That is also much preferable in terms of getting gnupg out there amoung the public. A cygwin version should require little mods from the standard *NIX release, if any, and is sort of a quick-and-dirty way to get it without having to commit to a totally non-MS Windows environment. I see cygwin as primarily a way to wean future *NIX users off of MS Windows. Once they are comfortable with, and see the power of, *NIX, and realize what a tremendous waste it is to run on top of Windows, they can dump Windows and go with a free *NIX. - Tom