gnupg

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue, 30 May 2000 09:52:32 +0200

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Daniel Probst wrote:

> Cygwin can create native code (i.e. exes not using the cygwin dll).
> I'd prefer (by far) using this option to downloading yet another version of
And I prefer cross development and my mingw32 kit is really small and convenient.
> it compiles more or less out of the box. A point Werner mentioned was that
> cygwin uses MS Crypto API for /dev/random. Quick and dirty tests I did,
> did not show any glaring statistical probs. I'd like to see a detailed
You can't do such probs - the output of most random generator is passed througha mash algorithm and tehrefore you have a uniform distribution. The only way to analyses a RNG is by auditing the source.
> Anybody with the knowledge to productively use GNU tools only uses
> Cygwin because he is forced to work on an MS Platform.
Therefore Mingw32/CPD - just cd to another build directory and do the ../somewhere/gnupg/configure --target-i386--mingw86 Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0 Birkenstr. 12 email wk@OpenIT.de D-40233 Duesseldorf http://www.OpenIT.de