installation errors

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Tue, 30 May 2000 17:13:26 -0500 (CDT)

Your version of gcc is not the recommended stable version. According to http://gcc.gnu.org/, the current stable version is gcc 2.95.2, but gcc 2.8.1 might be okay too. This might be a source of problems.
> Frank Tobin suggested that I try RPM. What is RPM?
RedHat Package Manager. Sorta of a pre-compiled distribution installation system. I can't remember offhand who is distributing the RPM for GnuPG (it's not official from Werner, IIRC). Can't provide you with details on how to handle it on a Slackware system either. -- Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/ "To learn what is good and what is to be valued, those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus