information overkill

Bjørn Jacke bjoern.jacke@gmx.de
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:54:43 +0100

On 2000-11-09 at 09:35 +0100 Werner Koch sent off:

> > ... some people have much more UIDs than this one. I haven't found out
> > how to tell gpg not to care about all those UIDs and leave out all these
>
> we can't know which user ID make sense. The signature has only a
> reference to the key and not to any user ID - therefore we btter
> list all user IDs.
Wouldn't it be a good solution to let the --quiet option just list the primary UID when checking signatures? People (like me) wouldn't bother if the primary UID is the one from which was actually posted from. But getting rid of screens full of UIDs would be great. Bjørn -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org