PGP's handling of GPG's secret keys

Marc A. Matteo mmatteo@fusionstorm.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:00:43 -0800

> Sure: you're probably just getting a real public key that's being
> regenerated from the secret key.
Ok, that makes sence... and is comforting that a private key isn't being exported to the world :). But what's going on with the extra signature? I'm guessing that PGP is pulling out a subkey signature and assuming it's for the whole key. That's fine, I guess, untill the "real" public key is updated from a keyserver and then duplicate keys appear. This isn't a functional problem, really, just a cosmetic one but if there was a --no-signature option for exporting GPG secret keys, that would make interaction with PGP a bit smoother. Thanks, Marc -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org