1.0.3 fails to verify RSA signature, 1.0.2 is OK

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:34:38 +0200

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Keith Owens wrote:

> gpg 1.0.2 with rsaref module accepts the signature. PGP version
> unix50i1b accepts the signature. pgp-2.6.3i does not. gnupg 1.0.3
I still wonder why gpg-1.0.2 with rsa.c does not accept the sig. The strange thing I noticed about this signature is:
:signature packet: algo 1, keyid 0ECD082462885875
version 3, created 962515123, md5len 5, sigclass 01 ^^ that it uses textmode which is somewhat strange for a detached signatures. textmode does not has the data asis but translates LF to CR,LF and strips white spaces - there is no reason to use it for binary files. There are a couple of workarounds in GnuPG to cope with all the different behaviour of the different PGP flavours regarding the textmode. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org