GPG in Windows 2000/NT

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:01:42 +0200

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Salvador Vicente wrote:

> I have working in Windows 2000 Profesional with
> permisions of write only in temp directory.
> My problem is that to execute gpg, the program say:
> "gpg:fatal: c:/gnupg: can't create directory:
> Permission denied".
> I have the keyrings in a diskette in a:, indicated in
> the options file.
Hmmm, and where is the options file? Assuming it is in c:/temp you can either use "gpg --homedir c:/temp" or set the homedir in the Registry (see README.W32 on how to do it). However, I wonder why you can access the floppy but you are not allowed to have a private directory other than temp - It seems that you do not have full control over this machine and therefore it may be not a so good idea to use GnuPG (with secret keys) on that box. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org