Ascii armor output limit

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:14:26 +0200

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Rich wrote:

> I've looked through the docs and haven't found any
> reference to being able to limit the number of lines
> in GPG's output when specifying the ARMOR option.
No there will be no such option. This is a MUA task and should be done by the mailer. There is a MIME type which can be used for it. This strange splitting is one of the reasons why you should use RFC2015 and not clearsigned files. Creating such files is not the problem, but mergeing them back to one is much more complicated as you have to take care of missing parts etc. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org