pass phrase in command line?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:56:21 +0200

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Foltynski, Jarek D wrote:

> I could do this with option --passphrase-fd 0, and write to stdin. It works.
> But is there any option that allow the same from command line?
No. The reason is pretty simple: On most OSes every user is able to see the commandlines another user used.
> BTW: I did not find options: --always-trust nor --allow-non-selfsigned-uid
> on any man page (http://www.gnupg.org/gpgman.html nor man file attached with
The man page is pretty old. I'll see whether I can update that online version.
> install package). Perhaps there is more detailed man somewhere else.
Just checked, the current manpage describes both options and it should descrive each option. BTW, gpg --dump-options gives you a list of all long options GnuPG understands.