gnupg 1.0.3 RSA problems...

Kevin Phillips kphillips@mail.eatel.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:53:09 -0500

I have recently installed gpg 1.0.3 on an HPUX 10.20 machine in hopes of
being able to use it for RSA encryption/decryption.  However, I am running
into some problems.  Here is the scenario:

I generate RSA key "KeyA" with PGP 6.5.2.
I import "KeyA" in to my GPG 1.0.3 keyring successfully.
Using PGP 6.5.2 and KeyA, I encrypt FileA resulting in file FileA.pgp
When I try to decrypt this file using GPG 1.0.3, I receive the following
errors:

gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 6F753D41, created 2000-10-11
      "KeyA"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

I then took this a step further doing to encryption and decryption both with
GPG 1.0.3 thinking that this would surely work.  However, I was wrong and
received the exact same error message.  I am guessing the
compilation/linking is bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please CC me at kphillips@eatel.com <mailto:kphillips@eatel.com>  since I am
not yet subscribed to this list.