FYI: AES patch

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:06:17 +0200

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Gregor Longariva wrote:

> > When did Werner say this?
>
> I can not imagine Werner did really said this ;-) Werner, am I wrong?
I can't remember that I said this; there is an archive to check it.
> publicly admit their own existence) checked the algorithm and changed the
> S-Boxes. This was the only thing done by NSA (officially to assure IBM did
And 15 or so years later it became clear why they did this. Those changed S-Boxes are better suited against differential cryptanalysis - a method the NSA knew about 15 years before the academic researchers. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org