keyblock resource: file open error

Daniel Freedman freedman@ccmr.cornell.edu
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:00:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've installed GnuPG 1.0.4 on RH 6.0 using the RPM linked to from the
www.gnupg.org website.  When trying to establish my initial key with 'gpg
--gen-key': I get the following message:

gpg: keyblock resource `/home/freedman/.gnupg': file open error
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/freedman/.gnupg': file open error

It will continue the script to generate the random seed (??), but then
fail to be able to write that in my home directory (in .gnupg).  I've
never seen this type of message before, so I'm not sure if I've
misconfigured bash (I do have umask 077 set, but I didn't think this would
effect this process) or if this is a gnupg-related question.  If it's
bash-config, sorry for bothering you guys.

Thanks for any suggestions (kindly cc them to me as I'm not on list).

Take care,

Daniel