understanding what gnugp can do

Armin Hartinger armin@pctechware.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:18:29 -0700

That's what that resulted in:

Reading passphrase from file descriptor 0

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Armin Hartinger <hartingera@earthlink.net>"
1024-bit ELG-E key, ID 589D113C, created 2000-10-23 (main key ID 03BF84DE)

gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID 589D113C, created 2000-10-23
      "Armin Hartinger <hartingera@earthlink.net>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: bad passphrase
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available
gpg: fatal: out of  memory while allocating 1260783806 bytes
secmem usage: 1664/2496 bytes in 4/8 blocks of pool 2496/16384

On a sidenote: It tried to allocate 1.2GBytes? ;-)

-Armin