understanding what gnugp can do

Armin Hartinger armin@pctechware.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:29:57 -0700

Jack,

Seems that echo here on this NT box at work doesn't seem to have an option to omit
the newline. So I tried something else... I put the passphrase into a textfile and
just piped the output of this textfile into the command you described:

C:\gpg>type pass.txt | gpg --passphrase-fd 0 -d test.gpg

And it worked alright! (use cat on a *nix machine of course).

Thanks for your great help! Another problem solved. And I'm confident that I get a
decent solution now to work that my wife can process the decrypted orders.
Let's just hope that the customers appreciate the security.
How many % of stores you guys think send around plaintext emails of their customers
names CC#?

-Armin