open source

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
25 Oct 2000 14:24:56 +0200

Wesley James Landaker <wjl@mindless.com> writes:

> Second, if someone wanted to copy PGP, what's to reverse engineer?!
> PGP's source is freely availible. You can download it and look at it
> or compile it or whatever. You don't have to "reverse engineer"
> anything. =)
Didn't NAI strip all comments before publication? Is there any documentation of the design? I think a lot of reverse engineering is necessary before you can make substantial changes to the code. ;-) -- Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE University of Stuttgart http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/ RUS-CERT +49-711-685-5973/fax +49-711-685-5898 -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org