RSA support

Jiejun Kong jkong@CS.UCLA.EDU
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 02:47:21 -0800

Hi,

GNU-PG's FAQ claims that RSA support is included since gnupg-1.0.3.
However, I have tried both gnupg-1.0.3 and the most recent
gnupg-1.0.4, neither can decrypt message encrypted by PGP using RSA.

For example, here is a sample message I got (even after I imported all
PGP keys into GNU-PG):

$ gpg encrypted-by-pgp-rsa.pgp
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 5A66A2A1, created 2000-10-29
      "jiejun"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

Here is what gnupg-1.0.4 claims in its NEWS file:
    * RSA is supported. Key generation does not yet work but will come
      soon.
I can bear the "key generation does not yet work" part.  However, if
RSA encryption/decryption also does not work, then what does "RSA is
supported" mean?

Anybody has luck in this case?  Or the FAQ and NEWS file are dishonest?

Best Regards,
---
Jiejun