Windows version

Ricardo Dias Marques ricmarques@spamcop.net
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:42:04 +0000

Hi John Kodak,

At 10:18, 29-10-2000, you wrote:

>I have downloaded the two files associated with the Windows
>version.
>I have no idea of where to go from here.
First of all, think carefully if you do want to install GnuPG on Windows. If you are expecting a Graphical Client (GUI) in which you basically point-and-click, then I suggest that you get PGP instead. GnuPG, in its Windows version, is a (MS-DOS) Command Line program. If you _do_ want to install GnuPG anyway, then great! :) 1) Extract the contents of the ZIP file into C:\GNUPG using a program like WinZip 2) Read the Friendly Manual that John Saylor talked about. It is called "The GNU Privacy Handbook (English)" and it is available at http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html 3) The commands available at the Privacy Handbook listed above are for Unix (Linux and others), but they work the same in Windows. Basically, you open an MS-DOS Prompt and type the commands that are listed there. So, to generate a key, for example, you'd go to the GNUPG directory, in the DOS shell, like this: cd\gnupg and then you'd type: gpg --gen-key Don't try to use the keyserver commands, though - they don't work (yet) in the Windows version. Good luck! :) Ricardo Dias Marques ricmarques@spamcop.net -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org